For D&D Adventurers League, players simply need to find an event, make a character, and show up and play. If you don’t already have a group to play with and would like to find a public event, try using our Store & Event Locator.
NOTE: Make sure you call ahead to confirm times and to see if they have room for new players.
To create a character, you’ll need:
FOR DUNGEON MASTERS
The D&D Adventurers League is a great way to run D&D games without having to spend a lot of time creating your own campaign world or adventures. As a DM, you have the opportunity to weave a fantastic shared story for your players and take the spotlight as the monsters and villains presented in D&D Adventurers League adventure content. You are also responsible for settling rules questions and providing your players with their characters’ experience points and rewards at the end of each session.
As a Dungeon Master (DM), you’ll need:
- A Player’s Handbook or a copy of the D&D Basic Rules
- The D&D Adventurers League Players Guide
- The D&D Adventurers League Dungeon Master's Guide
- An official D&D Adventurers League adventure
- A set of dice, pens/pencils, and paper
- 3-7 players
NOTE: The Lost Mine of Phandelver is recommended for new D&D players and Dungeon Masters. It’s a great way to introduce folks to D&D, and you can find it in the D&D Starter Set.
D&D ADVENTURERS LEAGUE RESOURCES
- D&D Adventurers League Player's Guide v10.1
- D&D Adventurers League Logsheet
- D&D Adventurers League SEASON 10 PLAYER’S GUIDE FAQ
- D&D Adventurers League Dungeon Master's Guide
- D&D Adventurers League DM Rewards
- Dungeon Masters Guild