Common Questions about the D&D Insider Adventure Tools
Where can I find the D&D Adventure Tools?
You can launch it from the D&D Insider Tools page. You must have an active D&D Insider subscription and be connected to the internet to use the tool.
I am not a subscriber, but would like to use the Adventure Tools. How do I subscribe?
You can find instructions on how to purchase a monthly, quarterly, or annual subscription to D&D Insider by following this link.
What system(s) does the Adventure Tools run on?
Adventure Tools Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- CPU: Intel® Pentium® III 450MHz or faster processor (or equivalent)
- RAM: 256MB minimum
- Browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox 3.x, Apple Safari 3, Apple Safari 4, Google Chrome 3, Google Chrome 4, Google Chrome 5
- Mac OS
- Operating System: Apple Mac OS X 10.4.8 or above
- CPU: Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- RAM: 256MB minimum
- Browsers: Apple Safari 4, Apple Safari 5, Mozilla Firefox 3.x
- Not supported:
- Win 98, Win NT/Server 2000, Linux, or DOS
What is Silverlight? Do I have to have it to have it to use the Adventure Tools?
Silverlight is the web platform from Microsoft on which the D&D Adventure Tools is built. Your computer must be running this platform for you to use the Adventure Tools. It’s free to download, and works with all the operating systems and browsers listed above. If you do not have Silverlight, the Character Builder will prompt you to download it when you first log in. You can also go directly to Microsoft’s Silverlight website, and download it from there.
Can I use the D&D Adventure Tools offline?
No. This version of the D&D Adventure Tools requires an active connection to the internet.
If I end my subscription, what happens to the monsters I’ve created or imported to the Adventure Tools?
Monsters you’ve created on the current version or imported from the older version of the Adventure Tools will remain in our database for twelve months after the subscription expires. If you renew your subscription within that twelve month period, you will be able to access your monsters again.